I've been doing a little bit of playing trying to get the Chrome web browser built on F17. The x86 source rpms can be found at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Chromium. The list of packages is:
I downloaded these and started to try and build them.
- jsoncpp builds as is.
- v8 is missing a load of devel RPMs, and built after they were added.
- Webrtc caused all sorts of problems, all associated with the use of SSE2. I exchanged some email with Tom Callaway and his proposal was to fix the problems in the source RPMs rather than try to substitute them.
Webrtc is causing all sorts of problems, mostly around the use of SSE2. I tracked down something called webrtc-audio-processing (see http://freedesktop.org/software/pulseaudio/webrtc-audio-processing/) and this builds just fine on ARM. Investigating, it uses WEBRTC_USE_SSE2, defined in typedefs.h, to use / comment out the SSE2 code on non-X86 platforms. Looking at the webrtc source RPM, it used a similar define (WEBRTC_ARCH_X86_FAMILY) to do the same thing. modules/audio-processing/aec was breaking, I fixed this in aec_core.c, aec_core_sse2.c and aec_rdft_sse2.c.